At Play like Coco we love finding fun and unique activities to help develop fine motor skills! We also love making parents lives easier, by doing all of the hard work and packaging up the perfect resources in a handy kit! So we set out to bring you even more fine motor fun and added another kit to our collection! We absolutely love it and know it will bring hours of fun for your children!
The activities in this Play like Coco Kit have been specifically selected to help develop your little one’s fine motor skills. The activities are open ended and have been tried and tested in my classrooms for years. The resources will grow with your child — as your child grows they will still enjoy playing with them! Developing fine motor skills from a young age assists children with many skills later in life and assists in transitioning into primary school.
What you'll find in this Play like Coco Kit is:
- A Play like Coco storage bag
- A high quality storage box
- Learning Can Be Fun Giant Shape Buttons - great for lacing, threading, sorting, counting, patterns and learning about shapes and colours. Use them to make imprints in playdough and sand too!
- Edx Education Transparent Tactile Shells - these stunning shells offer children fun sensory experiences. Use them in water, with light boxes, make imprints in sand or playdough, use them for counting, sorting and so much more! There are 6 different colours and tactile surfaces, each measuring 4 cm wide.
- 2 lacing threads - (colours chosen randomly)
- Learning Can Be Fun Linking Cubes - linking these cubes together and pulling them apart allow children to work out the muscles in their fingers and in turn help strengthen fine motor skills. Children can use them to construct, practise counting, multiplication, sorting, pattern making, learning about length and height and so much more!
- Felt Balls - a set of high quality 100% wool felt balls in stunning rainbow colours! Count & sort them and use them in imaginary play! These felt balls offer a lovely sensory experience as they are soft to touch. Children can explore colours, patterns and even use them with ball runs!
- A pair of Handy Scoopers (colours chosen randomly) - this unique tool is a handy way to build the muscles needed for scissor cutting! Children can use them in water play or to scoop up a range of materials including felt balls, linking cubes, sensory bases such as rice or chickpeas.
- A pair of Learning Can Be Fun Jumbo Tweezers (colours chosen randomly) - designed especially for children, these tweezers pick up counters, felt balls and other resources to develop hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills. Ideal for sorting and counting activities and easy for small hands to operate with wide grip ends.
- 1 Write 'n' Wipe sleeve - These handy sleeves allow children to re-use activities over and over again. Use the sleeve with our Fine Motor Fun Activity Pack - children can slide an activity into the sleeve and write directly on the sleeve!
- 1 whiteboard eraser to help erase markings on your Write 'n' Wipe sleeve
- 1 whiteboard marker - these markers are used in many Australian classrooms. They are thicker than your standard whiteboard marker making it easier for little fingers to hold.
- 1 Elizabeth Richards Pocket Cube Dice - an innovative, fun learning tool perfect to use for many maths and language activities. Place flashcards in the clear vinyl pockets and have fun learning number and letter recognition, learning shapes, colours, sight words and so much more. You can even use family photos, conversation starters, story writing ideas or writing prompts...the possibilities are endless!
- A set of 36 flashcards - these flashcards are printed on high quality thick card and can be used with the Pocket Cube Dice or on their own. Have fun rolling the dice and learning different concepts. Use the dice and flash cards to play games!
- Our very own Fine Motor Fun Activity Pack - our pack is filled with 21 fun and engaging activities which allow children to develop fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, concentration, maths and literacy skills, writing skills and lots more! Use the activity pages with the wipe clean sleeve and whiteboard marker so you can reuse the activities over and over again!
Our Kit comes with an information card and a range of fun activity ideas that allow your child to get the most use out of the products within the Kit. You'll be surprised with how much you can do!
Please note colours are chosen at random and may vary to those in the photograph. At times due to stock availability some items may change but don't worry they will still be super amazing and help your little one develop their fine motor skills!
Items in this Play like Coco Kit are suitable for children of ages 3+.
These are such a fun activities to do together with your little ones so please supervise children at all times and do not leave them unattended while using any of the products supplied.
Happy learning and developing your fine motor skills!