This chunky wooden alphabet puzzle is fantastic to help children learn about letters of the alphabet. Children have the opportunity to learn the sequence of the alphabet along with letter formation.
This unique puzzle comes with a tracing stick that children can use to trace around the grooves in each letter. Not only can children develop their knowledge of the alphabet they can also develop their fine motor skills and pencil grip.
Some fun activities to encourage learning through play:
- Ask your child to select the letter that his/her name starts with. Repeat this with other family members and pets.
- Practise placing each letter in their correct position on the board
- Practise saying the letter names, the sounds each letter makes and discuss words that begin with each letter.
- Match the lower case letter with the corresponding upper case letter ( the uppercase puzzle is sold separately)
- Trace each letter with the tracing stick.
- Stamp the letters in Magic Sand or Playdough - create words
- Trace around each letter with a pencil - create words on paper
- Hide the letters in a sensory use such as rice or chickpeas and go on a treasure hunt to find the letters
- Wrap the letters in paper or foil and have children unwrap each letter then place it on the board.
- Match a letter with a toy/household item that begins with that letter.
Suitable for ages: 18+ months