This set of flash cards is the perfect all rounder. It covers a wide range of topics, has easy to read words and bright and fun illustrations. This set can be used by children of a range of ages. Children in kindergarten will be able to begin to learn about counting, shapes, colours and use the pictures to expand their vocabulary. Older children who are in the early years of school can begin to use the cards to count, rhyme, match, explore shapes and even spell words.
Activities included & what kids learn
- Colours – 9 cards with coloured crayons introduce the basic colours: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, brown, white, and black
- Numbers – 10 cards with groups of objects teach counting from one to ten
- Directions – 4 cards with hands and objects that point left, right, up, and down teach the direction words
- Go-Togethers – 6 sets of two cards with “go-together” pictures (i.e., dog & bone), plus 1 card with a matching-word list, teach basic relational thinking
- Rhyming Words – 6 sets of two cards with pictures of rhyming words (i.e., cake & snake), plus 1 card with a rhyming-word list, teach same-sound recognition
- Shapes – 6 cards with basic geometric shapes (i.e., circle, square) teach shape recognition and naming
These flash cards can help to build the following skills in children:
- focus, concentration
- eye-hand coordination
- shape recognition
- matching, pairing, grouping
- relational thinking
- same-sound recognition
There are 56 double sided cards in this set.
Suitable for ages 3+.