Painting is such a fun activity for littlies and the benefits on a child's learning and fine motor skills is incredible! PARENTS NEED NOT BE AFRAID OF PAINT! It's actually not that bad. You just need to know the tips...
- Be prepared!!
- Have appropriate tools to suit your child's age and ability
- Always supervise children or better yet, paint with them. When was the last time you painted your hand and created some hand print rainbows?
- Always wear a smock (such as the one you can add to this Play like Coco Painting Kit)
- Set up an area / surface to paint on so that mishaps can be minimised e.g. on an easel, on a table covered with paper, etc
- Model how to use the tools and paints before allowing your little ones the freedom to explore
They seem simple and logical, and they are! Follow our tips and you will have a fun and creative painting experience.
What you'll find in this Play like Coco Kit is:
- A Play like Coco storage bag to keep all items within this Kit
- Set of non-toxic Educational Colours paints (primary colours so that you can mix and create new and exciting colours)
- Set of non-toxic First Creations water paints (large palette for easy use)
- Set of non-toxic Little Brian's Paint Sticks ( We love Paint Sticks and you will too, so much fun!)
- A My First Colours book (because books are awesome!) to learn, expand and challenge children's knowledge about colours
- Paint mixing palette (one that is easy to clean and use)
- First Creations Paint brushes (a variety of brushes for different uses)
- Set of Educational Colours paint stamps (because who doesn't love a stamp!) These are great because they have sturdy handles so great for fine motor skills and easy for little fingers to use
- Colour mixing chart (in case years have passed since you last mixed paint). We are serious about making your life that little bit easier...
Note: You can add an Educational Colours Art Smock to your kit to keep those clothes fresh and clean. The Toddler Smock is 58.5cm in length and the sleeve is 25.5cm from the underarm join to the end of the cuff. The Junior Artist Smock is 70cm in length and the sleeve is 32cm. We love these smocks as they are amazing quality!
All of our Kits also come with an information card which provide example activities that children can do to get the most use of the products within the Kit. You'll be surprised with how much you can do!
Please note at times due to stock availability some items may change but don't worry they will still be super awesome!
Items in this Play like Coco Kit are suitable for children of ages 3+.
These are such fun activities to do together with your little ones so please supervise children at all times and do not leave them unattended while using any of the products supplied.