We are especially proud of this Play like Coco Kit. The items and activities selected are sensational for developing fine motor skills. Many of these have been used in my classrooms for years with amazing results.
So, what are fine motor skills we hear you ask? Well, let us explain.
Our fingers, hands and wrists are special tools that we use all of the time. As we grow, things such as brushing your teeth or writing with pencils are so natural that no thought is put into them. However, when we were younger (like your little ones), these simple activities require a fair amount of focus and practice to get right. So it's important that when we're little, we develop the strength in those amazing little muscles in our fingers, hands and wrists!
This is where our Play like Coco Fine Motor Skills Kit comes in because there is so much learning that can be achieved all whilst little fingers are getting stronger! Allowing children the chance to develop these skills from a young age assists in transitioning into primary school.
Many of the items in the kit will grow with your child and they can even use the items once they're in school for developing other important skills such as counting, adding, subtracting and even learning about patterns! Talk about value for money!
What you'll find in this Play like Coco Kit is:
- A Play like Coco storage bag for all items within this Kit
- A high quality storage box with dividers to keep everything organised
- Learning Can Be Fun Nuts and bolts - these are so much fun and get those little fingers moving and twisting!
- Learning Can Be Fun Animal counters, great for counting and colour sorting.
- Learning Can Be Fun Teddy Bear counters - great for learning about size and weight, colour and size sorting and so much more
- Dot stickers - great for little fingers to trace over lines and shapes
- Set of 6 Creatistics coloured bowls, great for colour sorting
- EDX Education Shape links - make patterns, chains and learn about different shapes
- Jumbo dice, great for little fingers as its size makes it easy to hold and roll. Use for a variety of games and learning activities
- Learning Can Be Fun Lace and lacing beads - make patterns and learn about colours
- 1-25 Dot-to-Dot activity book - a fun and engaging way to learn about numbers, whilst also being amazing for fine motor skills and concentration
- Tracing activity book - we love this book it has some great tracing activities that give your little ones the chance to develop concentration and focus whilst strengthening their fine motor skills
- Dominoes - sort them, count them, stack them, line them up and knock them down. Make patterns and learn colours!
- My First Numbers book - a great basic counting book. Bright and fun pictures that you can count as you read. Remember to point to the pictures as you count them.
All of our Kits also come with an information card which provide example activities that children can do to get the most use of the products within the Kit. You'll be surprised with how much you can do!
Please note at times due to stock availability some items may change but don't worry they will still be super amazing and help your little one develop their fine motor skills!
Items in this Play like Coco Kit are suitable for children of ages 3+.
These are such a fun activities to do together with your little ones so please supervise children at all times and do not leave them unattended while using any of the products supplied.
Happy learning and developing your fine motor skills!